Friday, January 4, 2008

Just another night in paradise!

How can someone live seventy some years and have the biggest, most irrational fears that I have ever witnessed. DH and I have been playing a little cat and mouse game this last week. We're the cats and we are trying to catch the mouse. Now, I happen to think they're just the cutest little things ever, but I don't particularly want them in my house. Remember, we live in a house that is over 100 years old with large yards and lots of fruit trees. Well, we get mice. We normally are able to just wrangle the little things right out the front door. It really is hilarious. I can just picture that little mouse sitting on the porch laughing at us because he knows he's just going to come right back in. Well, we saw him last night and that little bugger got away from us. Must have been an off night. This is where the irrational fears come in. Up until today DAM had never seen the mouse. Well, that all changed at about 6:00 P.M. tonight. She called me crying like a little baby. DH drove home, caught the mouse, threw him outside and all was peaceful again. Until she saw another mouse. Now, I don't really believe there is another one. Without going into details, I know it's not the mouse that DH "threw" outside earlier. There was a blood curdling scream from DAM's room. We searched high and low and never found it. I told her there was no mouse, and even if there was it certainly wasn't going to get in bed with her, she said "it was on my shoulder". Totally irrational. So, DAM is outside and convinced that the mouse is going to get her tonight. She won't sleep and she says she's going to be sick. Over. a. mouse...Come on... All I can say is it's a good thing we got her that big, new, couch cuz that's where she's sleeping tonight, or not sleeping. And if she screams for us in the middle of the night there better be something bigger than a mouse in her room...or else!

No comments: