Sunday, December 30, 2007

A delightful update!!!

Mission accomplished. Couch was bought! At first I thought this was going to be a miserable day. It started that way. We loaded the "scooter" into the back of the truck. Went to Levitz. DAM could not find anything she liked. And, she was very vocal about it. She would look at a couch and very loudly state " they want $700 for that, I wouldn't give you $7.00". After about 10 minutes of that I began to Shhhhhhh her. Which really didn't go over well. DH told me to tune her out, but how could I, people were STARING!!! At that point I was ready to just stand behind DAM and make the universal sign for "CRAZY" but I just smiled and looked embarrassed. So, on to the next store...or so we thought. Out to the parking lot to load the "scooter" again, but the tailgate would not open. DH said that was payback for me not having any patience. 20 minutes DH, the ever so handy man, got the tailgate down and we loaded the "scooter" again. Off to the Room Store! Unload "scooter" again. We first went to the clearance store and, of course, found nothing. Next we go to the real "Room Store". I was totally losing all hope by then and decided my best bet was to just get lost in the store and let DH and Myrna figure it out. Well, the doors opened and the angels started singing!!! Right there in front of our faces was the perfect couch! Soft, long enough to lay on, and bright colors! Signed, sealed, scotch guarded, and delivered tomorrow morning! Room Store you rock! It was painless... and obviously an agreeable price. Way agreeable if you ask me!

So, we load the "scooter" again, and off to Costco...

Do people go to Costco just to eat? I think they do. You could stay there all day and just go from stand to stand taste testing all of their food. And people do just that! So, after unloading the "scooter" we wheeled through Costco, got DAM over the fact that these prices were not unreasonable, and left with Lobster, Filet's, and a smile on DAM's face.

Two hours and fifteen minutes. That's all it took! Back to the parking lot, load "scooter" again and we're headed home. Unload "scooter" one more time and we're home and happy.

See what you can do in two and a half hours and make someone happy! Who knew?

Will I be able to walk tomorrow? We'll see...inventory has to be done at Mystic Paper. Oh joy!!!

3 comments:

Joy said...

Signed, sealed and Scotchguarded! Oh Kim that was too funny!I am delighted to read that all ended well. Let's hope for more of the same in 2008! Have a wonderful New Year ~ inventory and all!

Road Trip With Ruby said...

Kim, your stories about DAM just crack me up...I just love reading about her antics.
Have a terrific New Year!
Tanya

carlene federer said...

the couch for DAM sounds...lovely?
HAR!!!