Thursday, December 13, 2007

It's the end of the world....

If you're DAM. The T.V. (which is at least 10 years old) in her bedroom is, well, it's all messed up. Translated that means DAM rolled over on her remote sometime in the middle of the night and, well...it's all screwed up. Usually I can fix it with a few pushes on select buttons. Not this time. Some channels work perfectly fine, some channels are in spanish, and some just buzzzzz. It's usually all or none. Not a mixture! So, I tried to fix it, DH tried to fix it, no luck. And I'll be, well, forget about me, she wanted to know who to call to fix it! It's 9:00 P.M. and she is just going to have to live without T.V. tonight. NOT GOOD ENOUGH...she is camped out on her couch with her other T.V. Who the &^^#$&*&&$% needs T.V. that bad?

So this is the plan for tomorrow. Bring home a T.V. from the store. Hook it up. If it works it's DAM's T.V. and she'll have to buy another one. Translation, we will have to go buy her another one. She better start coughing up some $$$ here. If alternate T.V. works then it's the cable and we'll have to call cable man. Translation, we'll have to alter our days to be here between whatever hours they tell us they can be here. Translation, our time doesn't matter!!!

Oh well, whatever...in bigger and much more important news...Son-in-law who has been deployed in Iraq for 14 months is almost home. His last phone call was from Germany which means if they fly all night they'll be home around 6:00 a.m. in the morning. Home to hug Cristine and his boys! I wish I could be there, but really, who wants your mom there when your DH has been gone for 14 months! But really, I could babysit couldn't I? I know, stay out of it! And I will. I will give them 2 weeks and I am so going to Colorado! Welcome home!!! Love you!!!

1 comment:

michelle said...

ohhh my! You do have your hands full with DAM. I really was crossing my fingers that she would take the trip to California to give you a much needed break.

How excitng that your son in law is back home!!!! I think that is so exciting! Your daughter has to be thrilled! I can't imagine being gone for that long. What a great guy he is, to serve our country! Have a great day! :)