Sunday, November 11, 2007

Whew, a quiet week...

and a fun week too! DAM's only catastrophe was forgetting how to use her remote control. At one time I actually made a drawing of the remote for her and wrote on the side which button to push with a line going to that button. Apparently that was lost (she blamed it on DH lol...everything is his fault!) When DAM came to live with us she brought stuff that hadn't been used in decades, like a bathing cap. We had a pool when she first came and she used it, broken hip and all, but come on, who uses a bathing cap for crying out loud! So with each move, and believe me there have been a few, a little more got thrown out. And you know what, she remembers everything she had. There was an assortment of purses that disappeared. DH got blamed for that. I suggested he go to the thrift store and get her 10 purses and she'd be good to go. After all, I'm sure that's where her original stash went and I'm sure they threw them out...gross! Honestly, I have one purse people and I go somewhere like, hmmmmmm WORK every day. One purse, that's all you need. Especially when your life consists of watching T.V., doing crossword puzzles, and the occasional trip to Walgreens. The thought of going to Walgreens without a matching purse! How do you match bag lady anyway? Now, mind you DAM has nice clothes that she gets as gifts every year. She should be wearing them for gosh sakes! Nope, she's saving them for a special occasion. Hmmm, I wonder what that would be? Believe me, I have several ideas but I won't go into that now.

So why did I say it was a nice week? Main Street rocked Friday night! There was a car rally that happened in conjunction with "A Night Out In Downtown Mesa" which Mystic Paper is involved with. One person, Linda Morrisey, who doesn't have any affiliation with Mesa other than the fact that she works for NEDCO in Mesa, single handedly created Memories On Main Street, a car rally that was sanctioned by the City of Mesa and, (here's the good part) allowed cruising on Main Street. And how many classic cars showed up, OVER 1,000! That's right, it was the best Friday night ever! Linda rocks! I ran into her in the grocery store today and they are talking about doing cruising every month. It's probably all of the same people that got cruising banned in the 70's, but they are now much more mature, hah! Well, I am sure they are, I was a teenager in the 70's and I am Sooooo mature now! Go here to see some pics of Main Street. So, that's it for my week. Oh, and in case you were wondering, I got the T.V. Guide to DAM before I had to go dumpster diving for it!
Woo Hoo!

Have a great week!

No comments: