Sunday, November 25, 2007

Did I forget something?

Nope, I didn't. You see we spent Thanksgiving with Mike and his family but DAM wouldn't go with us and even I can't be that mean. DAM loves turkey so today I'm pretending that it's Thanksgiving Day for DAM! And I have to admit I love cooking these big dinners. After all, I only do it twice a year! Here's the turkey ready to go in the oven. I always stuff my turkey with apples and oranges. Love that little hint of citrus flavor.

Ohh...starting to smell good. Time to cover up a few parts!

This one is going to wake up soon...the smell of something cooking is going to drive him crazy. Those steriods are still doing their thing!


And Abi is already in position.

Thought I'd give you a peek at DAM's living space. Kinda pretty huh? She loves flowers and her T.V. which is on 24/7. She even has one in her bedroom that stays on all night. Thank goodness for adobe walls. We can't hear a thing in our part of the house. In fact her bedroom is all adobe walls. It used to be the garage. I don't know when it was added on to the house or maybe it was original. I can just picture a Model T parked in it!

And here is DAM watchng ice skating. She loves sports of any kind.

So it's a good day at my little sit com home. DH is putting up Christmas decorations, the turkey is cooking, Mike and Georgeanne are coming over for dinner, I'm blogging and listening to KNIX stripped (that's acoustic Country Music for those of you who are wondering...lol) Life is good! Did I mention that my SIL Kathy called and said she is taking DAM for 2 weeks at Christmas? I know whe won't go, but I'm hoping she'll go. It will be good for both of them. But I know she won't go. What do you think? Let's take a vote. Leave a comment and let me know what you think. There might even be a way to turn this into a contest. I'll work on that. Time to go baste the turkey!

3 comments:

Judy said...

I can smell that turkey all the way to my house!! UMMM! Will she go or won't she?? She won't! Sorry, Kim. That's my vote! If she does, I will buy you lunch one day during the absence!!

Cristine's Story said...

Ohh, I'll take you up on that one! Right now she's talking like she is going...we'll see. I'll keep you posted!

Judy Wood said...

Uh... I don't think she's gonna go... And when are you going to serve leftover turkey!?! I'm craving a sandwich about now : )