Thursday, March 27, 2008

So, this is what it feels like...

to feel good again. If you have seen me lately you probably noticed that I wasn't feeling too good. I first wrote it off to allergies. Then it moved to my asthma bothering me a little bit. Next I thought it was the cold that Jennifer brought to work. And I was probably right on all three counts. What I didn't realized is what it could turn into until I went to see my doctor yesterday. A chest x-ray, four prescriptions later, and a somewhat good nights sleep and I have awakened feeling better. Is it possible...that fast? I'm sure I'm not 100% by any stretch but I am so much better. Diagnosis ~ bronchial pneumonia and asthma. Treatment ~ antibiotics, steroids, inhaler, and kick ass cough medicine that can only be taken at bedtime!

The relatives have left with the only casuality being DAM smacking the tree. Boyfriend, hereby known as JD, will never live that down. Oh, and one minor casuality... SIL put laundry detergent in a water bottle so she could do laundry at their motel. Forgot that it was detergent and took a big swig! Another Kodak moment lost!

We did sit down and talk about my concerns for DAM. Conclusion...DAM will never have a conversation about where she wants to be buried, her directives, her feelings about where she wants to live when I can't take care of her anymore and so on. None of my questions got answered, except I now know that DH's siblings know where I stand and will back me! And, I now know that my personality (and DH's) is completely different from theirs. We are the fixers of all things and that must, must, must, come to a screeching halt!

Here's to a good day and lots of medication!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Wow!! You were really sick! Glad you are on the mend. Hope to see you soon. Big sale at Merchants so I won't be roaming around until next week.

Lindsey said...

Sorry to hear you were so sick, I have some of that cough medicine you talk about, It sure does work wonders but it does knock ya out. I'll have to bring Dylan in sometime soon, I am sure he will want to go shopping for more poker chips and dominos!Take care, we'll see ya soon!

Judy Wood said...

Feel better Kim! We miss your healthy smiling face : )

Judy Wood said...

kim ~ it DOES look like you are finally feeling better! YEAH!