Saturday, March 10, 2007

Night Out Follow Up

The first "Night Out In Mesa" was a huge success! It was so nice to see people, and I mean real people enjoying an evening out downtown. There was live music, art, kareoke, and lots of food. I think every store was open between Robson and Center. So, it's official, Second Friday of every month Downtown Mesa is the place to be!
Do you remember how upset I was when someone tried to steal my statue in front of the store? Well, this one is worse. Someone stole my beloved truck right out of my driveway. To add insult to injury my Scrapbook Bag, which was a gift from Judy Bidwell, was in the truck full of my favorite things like an entire box of vintage paper fasteners. Not just one tin, a box full of individual tins which I will probably never find again. Oh, and my cell phone....)_*(*%&^$^&(*
So, the truck has been found way out in the middle of nowhere. I immediately called the impound yard and talked the "nice" man into going to the truck and looking for my things...no luck, there's nothing in the truck but a mess according to him. I can only hope that his idea of a mess is my scrapbook stuff! Even if I have to pick up every single paper fastener one by one!!
And I will!!!

No comments: