Monday, May 26, 2008

The weather in Arizona...

is absolutely gorgeous! I decided since it was so nice that I would get a hummingbird feeder for the backyard and sit outside to enjoy this beautiful day that we are having. In the 9 years that we have lived here I don't think it's ever been 83 degrees at the end of May. Need to soak it up and remember this come July.

No sooner did the feeder go up than I got a visit from this little guy.


Then he sat in the tree above me for quite awhile. I've never seen a hummingbird sit still for this long!

We get lots of birds in our backyard. I wish I could record the sound for you and I wish I knew what all of those birds were saying to each other!
We have lots of dove...

And a not so good picture of another bird we have alot of. They are pitch black and have bright yellow bills.



And, of course, I was joined by my constant companion, good ol Maverick. He's really been slowing down but he was checked by the vet who says his heart is still good and he can keep taking his pills for sore joints!


Here's to beautiful weather and great companions!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Love your back yard! I have a hummer feeder but fail to keep it stocked. Great pics! Am going on a hunt for one like yours that holds plenty of liquid. I, too, enjoy the sounds of the birds in my yard. Love these cool mornings! But I think will become a distant memory shortly! Bummer!

Road Trip With Ruby said...

Wasn't last week weird weatherwise? Where else could you live and sweat to death one day then make chili the next(which I did)cause it was cold and rainy?